So, I did what I love to do.
What I wasn’t allowed to do as a kid.
I played with my food! (Shhhhhh! Don’t tell my Dad or I’ll end up in trouble!)
Into my cast iron skillet – did I tell you that I got one FINALLY? It was a Christmas gift from my parents and I love, love, love it! – I tossed about 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper and 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1 pound of lean ground beef. They all swam around nicely together until the beef was good and brown. Then I drained. I used to not drain my ground beef, but I figure my arse has enough fat…the excess can go down the drain!
- Serving size: 1 bun with 1 cup of filling
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Sodium: 535mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 18g
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- ½ cup ketchup
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Over medium high heat add the onion, bell pepper and ground beef to a skillet. Cook until the ground beef is brown, about 5 minutes. Add corn, beans, tomatoes and ketchup and mix well. Continue to mix until well heated. Serve about 1 cup of filling on each bun.
- Gourmet Sloppy Joes - Curvy Girl Guide | Curvy Girl Guide - [...] adapted from A Girl in the South Related [...]
- salisbury steak - [...] little blast from the past, and who doesn’t love that? I’ve done this before, like when I recreated sloppy…
- Gourmet Sloppy Joes — Brittany Herself - Curvy Girl Guide - [...] Recipe adapted from A Girl in the South [...]
- Vegetarian and Low Calorie Black Bean Burger Recipe - […] meat all, so we ate a fair amount of bean based dishes. Beans and rice, bean tacos, bean-based sloppy…